Removable plates with fully imbedded cooking elements. Easy cleaning and optimal cooking performance.
Interchangable cast aluminium non-stick plates
Digital temperature control
Floating hinge to maintain even pressure on both thick or thin items
Adjustable Height Control
6 Adjustable height settings to avoid crushing food or to heat pizza or make open style melts.
Removable Drip Tray
Dishwasher safe drip tray, removable dishwasher safe, non stick plates
Removable, dishwasher safe plates
Bottom ‘Plate Release’
Top ‘Plate Release’
Opens flat to ‘BBQ Mode’
Temperature dial with Low, Panini and Sear Modes
Temperature responsive LCD – blue to orange
Temperature conversion button
30 Minute timer dial with sound alert
1 hour Auto shut-off
6 Adjustable height settings
Locking storage clip
Adjustable plate tilt
Integrated, removable drip tray
1 Year Limited Product Warranty
Designed in Australia
Compare the Smart Grill™
January 23, 2010Almost there
"Great grill, just need a way to balance the heat between the two plates. The bottom plate heats up much faster then the one on the lid and seems to always be a little hotter than the top. L& G had a similar problem with pancakes browning on one side faster than the other. Can it be sent back for calibration?"
January 2, 2010Great product that could be easily made better for the price.
"After picking up our product last night and using it for the first time this morning, I would agree with J's assessment, with perhaps one caveat. The pancakes cooked on the left side of the grill were less browned than the ones on the right, even though that batter was added first. I'm concerned about the evenness of cooking. The bacon cooked on the grill side was cooked perfectly. We traded the panini grill received as a Christmas gift, even though it appears to be a near-perfect product. We needed to replace our ancient griddle and this multi-purpose product seemed (almost) ideally suited to our needs.
So my recommendations for improvement:
1. Provide the extra plates to make it all griddle or all grill; that lack was our only concern in buying the product. At US$350, that's a reasonable expectation. At the very least make it an (affordable) option or add-on.
2. Address the "even heat" issue (only more use will tell if we continue to experience the same issue). The flat surface should have the same heat edge to edge.
3. Again, my experience with the grease trap echoes that of "J" - it needs to catch all the runoff.
4. Add a second control so that the grill side and the griddle side can be set for the precise temperature needed.
5. The auto-off feature needs a warning buzzer; with preheat and several items to prepare, I didn't notice the heating element had shut off in mid-cook until I realized that it wasn't cooking properly. Fortunately, I'd made plenty of batter, but that could throw a cold experience for a hot breakfast in serving guests.
With some of those issues corrected, I would happily give this a 5-star rating.
Thanks for your valuable feedback. We will pass this along to our design team."
December 27, 2009Best grill Breville has ever made!
"Performs well, heats fast, cooks evenly. Additional plates should be available for purchase, so a larger open grill (all flat or all ribbed) surface can be achieved, if desired. Only complaint; the grease trap should be a little deeper where the grease flows initilaly. If the flow beomes too great, it will spill a little. This is only a problem if you are cooking bacon or fatty foods. For the price $350 US; If breville includes an extra flat plate so that you can cook ie. 6-8 pancakes at once and makes the entry to the grease trap deeper, I would give a 5 star rating!"
Breville Customer Service
Have a question about your product?
We have a support site with living manuals that will help you.
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Video for an Out of the Box experience
- Tips for using your Breville appliance better
- Directions for cleaning, caring for, and maintaining your product
- Videos demonstrating answers to common questions